The abcProgram is an educational program for expectant families in Hillsborough County. We are funded by Healthy Start. Our classes are provided through the Child Abuse Council's Baby Bungalow. The abcProgram offers three exciting classes designed to help women and their partners through their pregnancy, childbirth and infant parenting experience.
The abcProgram offers these FREE classes to those enrolled in Healthy Start services. (There is a nominal fee for those not enrolled):
A two and a half hour class covering the basics of breastfeeding including:
- Proper positioning
- How to tell if baby is getting enough milk
- Where to call for support
Three different schedules to meet your needs! A Five Week Series, a Two Day Intensive, and a One Day Intensive and Teens Only all contain valuable information such as:
- The signs and stages of labor
- Breathing and relaxation skills for labor and birth
- The importance of a labor coach
- Medical interventions, including C-Section birth
- The care of a newborn
Parenting - Newborn Care
A two and a half hour class for :
- Baby basics: bathing, diapering, dressing, etc.
- Infant nutrition: bottle feeding, breastfeeding, weaning, solids
- Infant safety: car safety, childproofing, water safety, etc.
- Infant health: signs of common illnesses, immunizations, choosing a pediatrician
- What to do in your baby's Quiet and Awake moments.
- Ways to build family’s self-esteem
Baby Cafe: Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Support
- No registration necessary
- Certified Lactation Consultant present
- Hospital Grade Scale to weigh baby before and after nursing, if desired
- Support from other new moms
- Free promotional items when available
The following marketing items are available at no charge to promote the abcProgram. To order any of these items, please call the abcPROGRAM office at (813) 356-1293 ext. 244 or 297.
- abcProgram Palm Card – A 3¾” x 8½” card that describes the abcProgram.
- abcProgram Poster – An 11” x 17” poster that describes the abcProgram